CBD vaporization comes down to heating the dried product to evaporation temperature using a vaporizer. This releases the substances contained in the herbs, which are immediately delivered to the body by inhalation. In the process of vaporization, water vapor is produced, which has no tarry substances harmful to the body.
The vaporization most often takes the form of inhalation of cannabinoid-dried hemp. Steam can be inhaled with stationary or portable vaporizers. Stationary vaporizers ensure higher bioavailability of herbs. These are quite large devices containing a special balloon from which steam is inhaled using a hose. It is also possible to inhale directly from the vaporizer. Portable vaporizers, on the other hand, are easy to use and allow for inhalation anywhere.
A study published by the British Journal of Clinical Pharmacology in 2013 noted that CBD vaporization has antiemetics and analgesics. The anticonvulsant properties of CBD can help to treat nervous system diseases, while the antioxidant properties can support the fight against neurodegenerative disorders (Huntington’s or Parkinson’s disease).
Can CBD use cause side effects?
No. CBD has very few side effects. Most importantly, it is not dangerous to health. Studies have shown that at very high doses (up to 1600 mg), CBD does not cause harmful side effects. However, depending on the recipient, the dose and the way of taking CBD, the following side effects may occur:
– A slight drop in blood pressure with high doses of CBD and dizziness (it is recommended to consult your doctor when taking blood pressure medication);
– occurrence of dryness in the oral cavity (effects caused by the endocannabinoid system, which contributes to inhibiting saliva production);
– throat irritation and respiratory problems.
Advantages of CBD vaporization
CBD vaporization has a number of advantages over the classical method of CBD use, which is smoking dried hemp. Here are some of them:
– The vaporization allows the effective introduction of active substances into the body, while at the same time eliminating harmful toxins and tar substances supplied to the body (during the vaporization there are no short-term side effects such as throat irritation or respiratory problems);
– vaporization reduces the negative symptoms associated with the respiratory tract when taking CBD (when smoking dried hemp, smokers may complain about coughing, excessive phlegm production and chest compression);
– efficiency – vaporization allows to bypass the first pass effect. When the steam containing CBD is inhaled, the active substances enter the lungs and are immediately dissolved in the bloodstream. The intestines and liver are excluded from the active substances processing. In this case, the bioavailability of CBD is three times higher and is about 50 – 60%;
– Compared to smoking, vaporization is also less expensive because less hemp drought is needed to achieve the same effect. Buying a vaporizer is also more cost-effective than tissue paper, filters and other things needed for smoking;
– vaporization makes it possible to get the entire odor and taste profile from CBD. During vaporization, terpenes (groups of compounds naturally occurring in herbs, responsible for their characteristic taste and aroma) are released. However, during smoking, most terpenes are destroyed;
– There are more natural and gustatory products on the market for vaporization than for smoking.
To sum up, vaporization of CBD is a safe and recommended treatment, with an appropriate dose and careful observation of the body. In case of any undesired side effects or doubts, it is recommended to consult a doctor.